SoliStone & Concrete Care develops maintenance programs specific to your home or office. This ensures the presentation, condition, and repair of your stone, tile, grout, paver, and concrete. We also provide practical training and supplies. We provided two main types of maintenance services:
- This is performed when surfaces are well cared for or in good condition
- Depending on the homeowner and situation, it may be performed every six months
- Light cleaning, polishing or sealing are performed in the highest use or traffic areas, such as flooring in the kitchen/nook area, the master shower, and critical areas exposed to the elements
- This is performed when the surfaces reveal light to medium blemishes, such as scratches, etches, dullness and marks
- Usually, minor repairs are needed like grout touch-up, hole filling with epoxy, and caulking repair
- Light to medium refinishing, polishing, cleaning, and sealing are needed over most of a home or office
- Sealing, staining, waxing or applying various coatings may be needed where areas have customized finishes or exposed to the elements
SOLISTONE Natural Stone Care Guide
Our Natural Stone Care Guide provides information about the care and maintenance of your stone. Tips for post-installation, showers, counters, and floors are provided. In addition, there are some helpful hints to prolong the life and beauty of your natural stone.
Seal right the first time!
Sealers are a “first line of defense” providing some time to clean-up spills thereby minimizing their negative effects. SoliStone & Concrete Care formally test and the products of the most prominent sealer manufacturer’s determining their quality and effectiveness. Sealers come in two forms:
These invisible sealers are absorbed into the surfaces’ pores and permit vapor transmission. They do not “coat” the surface. SoliStone & Concrete Care uses a combination of sealers depending upon the stone or material and its location. These sealers help to repel, for a time, most liquids like water, oil, or dirt and other contaminants. They reduce the negative effects of contaminants and prolong the health and beauty of the material. Sealers do not repel all caustic liquids nor prevent eventual absorption.
|Concrete||Marble Counter Tops|
Topical Coatings (film-forming sealers)
These products are best used for man-made materials. Coatings have film-forming properties that help to resist traffic, the elements, and most pollutants. They are best for situations in which one wants to create a customized finish or end product by adding color, sheen, and texture.
We discourage employing them on natural stone due to a tendency to some that easily scratch, flake, and yellow. This also applies to the cheaper polishing products that utilize waxes and acids like crystallizers. Even though the stone is superficially protected, some coatings require regular stripping and reapplication.